Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I have a home altar- finally!



Here is something I have been dreaming about for a long time, my very own home altar.  I guess it's not really a big deal to have one but I just love them and I had fun setting this up with my mom while she visited us.  Everything in the photo was a gift from family and friends (how blessed I feel) except for the votive holder which was $1 at Michael's, the mini frame holders and the lace and fabric underneath.  Even my beloved Magnificat subscription is a recurring birthday gift from my dear Mother-in-law.  Thank you to my sister especially, for giving me this night stand to use.

Since our homeschool area is primarily in our bedroom (we live in a 2 bedroom condo) I like that the altar will be nearby (it's also in the bedroom) as we do our circle time and art projects.  Nothing is more important to me than making sure my children know their faith is the most important part of their education.

No comments:

Post a Comment