Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The trouble with shirts nowadays.


Ok, so I'm going to rant a little here.  Today I attempted to go shopping for some tops, blouses, shirts, what have you.   Apparently it's been EONS since I went shopping because I didn't get the memo that you can't find a stylish, cute shirt without it being see-through.  Not too long ago, flipping through a cooking mag, I happened across this photo and I was immediately struck by the girl on the far right and her, well, almost completely visible chest due to her transparent tee shirt and push-up bra.  I am not EVEN going to go into what I think of the show Modern Family; I don't think I need to, lol.  But, doesn't she look pretty young?  I mean, obviously she's young because in the show she still lives at home with her parents. I hate to think of the millions of young girls who see this show and then think it's ok to wear something like that.  But, why wouldn't they since that's practically all there is in the stores!
I am going to admit that I am NOT the queen of modesty by a long shot but I know where to draw the line.  I was livid in the dressing room as I tried on a couple of shirts that looked like normal skin covering articles of clothing but then, as if my magic turned into pantyhose fabric when I put them on. I thought, well maybe you are expected to wear a tank top underneath but then I remembered this photo and just got ill about it.
I don't WANT a shirt that when someone looks at me their eyes immediately get drawn to what's underneath it, even if it is a tight tank top.  This fashion "trend" is offensive to women's dignity and cruel to men who can be weak in controlling their eyes and imaginations.  Modesty and style can go hand in hand.
Now I just have to find a clothing company that believes that and is within my budget.  Wish me luck!  Oh, and thanks for listening to me rant...

No comments:

Post a Comment